Something you may not know about me, Summer is my favourite season. You can do so much outdoors! I have compiled our top list of things to do for the Summer and we are going to check it off as we go. Why not write it your own list on cardboard and get the kids to tick it off once done! It’s a lot of fun.
- Go to the Beach. That’s a given isn’t it. I don’t know about you but for us we go nowhere near the ocean in winter (this mama gets way too cold!) and we count down the months until we can return!!
- Plant a Veggie/herb garden. It doesn’t matter where you live, any old pot will do. We have a small backyard and we make it work. This is a project that everyone will love and be involved in the process.
- Underwater photos!! Man we haven’t done this one yet. I would love to do it.
- Fly a Kite. You know I never see anyone do this anymore. But we do and love it.
- Family game night. In any season this will be on my bucket list. A family who plays board games together… stays together. Ha!
- Backyard Camping. Or you might be a camping expert, whatever you are. Kids love camping. Make a memory out of it for sure!
- Star Gaze. We do this quite a lot. So much fun. Download the app to find the different stars and constellations. It’s so fascinating.
- Fruit Picking. Again you can do this in any season, but for our family summer is best. We’ve been picking since Noah was a toddler. It’s a blast. Our favourite place to pick is at Bilpin.
- Jenolan Caves. Which are situated so close enough to Bilpin. Make a weekend out of it. We have been busting to get to the caves and have a look at their beauty.
- Have a Picnic! Always!
- Try a new Sport. We are. Noah will begin Baseball. My two eldest will try out Horse Riding for a term. Gosh I love Summer!
- Cook. Try new dishes. Cook together. Use your BBQ, Spit or Pizza Oven often!
- Water Gun Fight/Water Balloons. I mean, come on. You’ll be heralded as the GREATEST PARENT!
- Bike Ride. Google your local area to find some great tracks.
- Play Frisbee. Are your kids as obsessed with the game as much as mine? You need to try this out!
- Visit the Zoo. Why not? Perfect weather for it.
- Donate toys to the poor. We do this over Christmas. Though I thought it might be something I’ll add here so you can think about how you might be able to do this. What a lesson to teach your children.
- BonFire, Roast Marshmallows. Everyone loves a good BonFire and sing along.
- Visit your nearby City. And if you time it right you might be able to watch the fireworks too!
- Run through the sprinklers.
- Farmers Market. Get the family to discover a love of healthy, organic food.
- Go on a Road Trip. This one is great if you’re prepared. Games for the car and good conversation starters.
- Have Ice cream for Dinner. I’ll just leave this here!
- Make your own Popsicles.
- Make Lemonade. I added this one because Noah has this idea where he wants to make a stand and sell Lemonade over the summer. Last weekend at my dad’s farm he picked a HEAP of lemons… *stay tuned*
I hope this gives you some fun ideas to do as a family or even with your friends. Here’s to a wonderful summer. Filled with lasting memories with your little people
I hope this gives you some fun ideas to do as a family or even with your friends. Here’s to a wonderful summer. Filled with lasting memories with your little people!